23-26 September 2019 in the Orthodox Academy of Crete
6th International conference on Ecological Theology and Environmental Ethics (ECOTHEE) will meet from 23-26 September 2019 in the Orthodox Academy of Crete.
The theme of the conference will be:
"Theology needs to be involved in finding solutions to ecological problems"
European Christian Environmental Network is proud to be among co-sponsoring partners of the conference.
The conference will be an opportunity for a discussion of the engagement of theology on key ecological concerns from a variety of religious traditions and perspectives. The attention will be given to multi-disciplinary exchanges and insights, with a focus on religious-based and scientific approaches to ecological problems and challenges. The emphasis is on theological and ethical implications of contributing to a sustainable ecological future.
Organising committee invites all interested to submit the papers in following thematic areas:
- ECO-THEOLOGY AND ECO-ETHICS,
- THEOLOGY OF OIKOS AND ECO-JUSTICE,
- CLIMATE CHANGE AND CLIMATE JUSTICE,
- BIODIVERSITY AND LAND ETHICS,
- WATER, OCEANS AND ENERGY,
- INSIGHTS FROM COSMOLOGY, EVOLUTION, and LIFE / EARTH SCIENCES,
- ALTERNATIVES FOR ECONOMY OF LIFE AND ETHICS OF "ENOUGH",
- GLOBAL ECOLOGICAL RISK, SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND CASE STUDIES,
- SPIRITUAL VALUES AND FORGIVENESS.
For more information about the conference the invited papers, as well as registration, please visit the conference website. The deadline is 30 July 2019.